Size: 229 cm x 229 cm
Unit of measurement: centimeters
Inspired by a quilt Elizabeth Matthews Baxter made in 1871, I just couldn't stop myself from diving into my scraps and starting to work on this gorgeous quilt.
Friendship contains 16 patchwork blocks, in which sharp points and curved seams are combined to create a stunning effect. A perfect project in which you can combine all your leftover pieces of fabric, try out new techniques and add some Ugly Fabrics, which you otherwise maybe wouldn't use, but which give this quilt just that little extra touch.
- Cream background fabric (blocks): 240 cm x 110 cm
- Grey (setting blocks): 350 cm x 110 cm
- 32 assorted fabrics (centre of blocks - template A), each: 20 cm x 25 cm
- 32 assorted fabrics (points in blocks - template D), each: 10 cm x 20 cm
- 32 assorted fabrics (points in blocks - template E), each: 8 cm x 15 cm
- Assorted fabrics (‘sawtooth’ points in blocks – template B): scraps
- Assorted fabrics (binding): 5 cm wide x different lenghts
- Batting: 240 cm x 240 cm
- Backing: 240 cm x 240 cm
- Interfacing (Vlieseline)
- Matching sewing and quilting threads